jueves, 3 de enero de 2008

Boiled Mayonnaise

Agristada-one of my favorite Sephardic foods, is made with an egg and lemon sauce, which is delicately tempered to avoid curdling. My family likes the sauce served over long grain rice and homemade meatballs (as opposed to fish)-we refer to the entire meal as Agristada.

During my deliberations over the name of this blog, I looked up Agristada. Oddly enough, one of the meanings I found was "boiled mayonnaise."
Initially, I thought this was unusual, grossly comical, and maybe even catchy...well at least potentially.

I was in terrible disagreement with the term as it was defined and while I found it oddly attractive, the longer I sat with it, I grew more and more nauseated at the thought. I thought any reader might well be intrigued at first, but then just repulsed.

Save the repulsion... I had to change the everyday name and solely use, "boiled mayonnaise" for an entry...my first.

No hay comentarios.: