domingo, 6 de enero de 2008

Procrastination Station


I don't know what it is about working under pressure that suits me. I'll say, I don't really procrastinate with every project, but every once in a while I totally wait until the 11th hour. I will say, however, that the work produced is by no means shoddy...I can almost assuredly admit that the beads of sweat and increased heartbeat propel me somehow...thankfully in a forward direction, to finish my task at hand. As many writing tasks, like meeting a project deadline...the prep work is not at all started in the last minute...that would certainly be a no-go because it can really take a lot of planning, but the finishing, polishing, and closing work can take me a while to dredge through.

I drag my feet and tarry for a while...although I 'feel' late,...the work is not actually turned in behind schedule.

I have heard completely stopping a task and working on something entirely different is helpful....let's hope so! Perhaps even writing about the task is not ideal.

I will think of everything else I can do, like writing this post, rather than buckle down and get the project done. errgg. I've tried to change and no matter how much prep work I do....there is almost always a period of rest between the preparation/lining the eggs up and the finished polished product...I suppose I am not alone. And although I meet deadlines, during the lag time I feel like a bit of a slacker. I like to be ahead ...by weeks if I can.

No hay comentarios.: